Guided Home-Study | Online Private Tuition
Students and alumnae assert online private tuition to be the most powerful feature of our courses because extended dialogue with a tutor affords lasting understanding of English.
We model this Cambridge FCE B2 first certificate online course on the private tuition provided to undergraduates at the Humanities Division of the University of Oxford.
Guided home-study includes prescribed reading materials and AV lectures that enable you to form balanced views to write about and discuss online with your tutor.
Our teaching methods strengthen understanding of English, and guided home-study engages you in online reading, writing, listening, speaking, and research.
The course conforms to the Cambridge FCE syllabus and includes mock exams and valuable knowledge acquisition related to your professional, academic, and other interests.
We set parts of the course above Level B2 to ensure you can sit the FCE exam with confidence and gain a Grade A pass equivalent to Level C1 Advanced User of the CEFRL.
Level B2 Independent User certifies ability to understand the gist of complex material or abstract ideas and present them as clear written accounts supported by evidence.
Online Private Tuition
A private online Cambridge FCE course delivers excellent guided home-study supported with online private tuition, which eliminates the risk of travel to a crowded classroom.
Your tutor tailors every aspect of your study to address your weaker language skills and build on those skills you have at present.
Fascinating home-study assignments relate to your professional, academic, and other personal interests, and your tutor prescribes relevant online reading and AV lectures that provide access to the latest ideas of today’s leading authorities and commentators.
Besides strengthening your reading, writing, listening, and speaking, the knowledge you gain enables you to express your opinions, ideas, and suggestions for addressing the contentious issues we encounter in today’s world.
Benefits of private tuition
- Online private tuition meets your specific needs as an individual student.
- Your tutor tailors each aspect of your Cambridge FCE preparation.
- Private tuition rectifies your missing language skills and builds on those you have.
- Customised guided home-study supports your professional and other interests.
- Your tutor prescribes relevant free online reading and AV lectures to give you an edge.
- New reading and writing skills deepen your critical analysis and understanding.
- You express ideas, beliefs, and conclusions, constructively to your advantage.
The importance of writing
Tutorial writing tasks are fundamental to Oxford-style teaching for several reasons:
- Written work shows your current ability to communicate in good formal English.
- Scripts provide your tutor with evidence of your strengths and weaknesses.
- This allows your tutor to teach better understanding and use of English.
- Your tutor provides you with corrections, comments, and advice on avoiding errors.
- Your tutor uses your scripts to focus on the teaching you need during each tutorial.
- Writing brings lasting understanding of the subject and use of English.
Study English securely at home to help end the Corona pandemic and slow climate change.
Guided home-study with private tuition leads to a lasting understanding of English.
Home-study covers writing, reading, listening, speaking, reasoning, and understanding.
Home-study eliminates the risk associated with attending a crowded classroom.
FCE Employment Opportunities
Employers who recognise the Cambridge B2 First Certificate and have career vacancies around the world include:
This Cambridge FCE Online Course is secure and user friendly.
Time management makes life relaxed and satisfying rather than difficult and stressful.
When you decide to study with us for the Cambridge FCE exam, click on the picture for reassurance and help with time management.