Pearson Academic English
Pearson Academic English online distance learning course with private tuition, guided home-study, free reading materials, and AV lectures, is modelled on study at the University of Oxford.
Students and alumnae report that guided home-study and private tuition are the most powerful features of our online English courses.
Guided home study under the wing of your private tutor enables you to pass the Pearson Academic English Test with a top score, dependent upon your present level of English.
When possible, we shall seek to enable you to score 85+, equivalent to C2 of the CERFL.
Course content conforms to the Pearson Academic English syllabus and includes guided home study, online private tuition, and scored computer-based Pearson tests.
The customised course will meet your study plan and deliver guided home-study assignments relevant to your professional, academic, or general interests.
This methodology addresses your need to understand how to use Academic English for clear communication.
Home-study eliminates the risk and cost of attending a crowded classroom.
Leading universities, employers, professional institutions, and government departments throughout the world accept PTE certification to attend courses taught in English, or to support applications to live and work in an English-speaking country.
Highlights of guided home-study
- Home-study is safe and without the risks of attending a crowded classroom.
- Studying at home is climate-friendly and cost effective.
- Your private tutor will monitor your guided home-study.
- Free prescribed online reading and AV lectures feature today’s leading thinkers.
- Guided home-study ensures you can gain top exam marks.
- Home-study includes practical knowledge relevant to your profession.
- Your tutor tailors your home-study to your individual learning needs.
- Regular online private tuition provides support to your guided home-study.
- Home-study includes PTE scored practice tests.
Students affirm that online private tuition is the most effective feature of their courses because tutors identify and explain their weaknesses and build on their strengths.
Your tutor will prescribe free online reading materials and AV lectures, by leading thinkers and help you set top goals that get you much further than you expect.
The key role of your private tutor will be to provide you with the combination of Pearson Academic English guided home-study exam success with high marks, and acquisition of practical knowledge that will give you a competitive advantage at work and elsewhere.
Highlights of private tuition
- Online private tuition will meet your unique needs as a student of English.
- Your tutor will tailor each feature of your Pearson Academic English course.
- Your tuition will focus on your weaker skills and build on those that are strong.
- Your tutor will tailor your guided home-study to relate to your professional activities.
- Your prescribed free online reading and AV lectures will give you a learning edge.
- New reading and writing skills will sharpen your critical analysis and understanding.
- You will express ideas, beliefs, and conclusions constructively and persuasively.
The importance of writing
- Writing brings lasting understanding of the subject and excellent use of English.
- Writing is central to the Oxford methodology upon which we model this course.
- Writing displays your current ability to communicate proficiently in English.
- Writing reveals the strengths and weaknesses in your understanding of English.
- Writing enables your tutor to provide you with critique, correction, and best advice.
- Writing exposes areas in your use of English upon which you should focus your effort.
This Pearson Academic English course is secure and user friendly.
Time management makes life relaxed and satisfying rather than difficult and stressful.
When you decide to study on a Pearson Academic English course, click on the picture for help with time management.