English with Philosophy Private Tutorials
English with Philosophy private courses deliver secure guided home study with online one-to-one tuition styled on teaching at the 2021 World Number One University of Oxford.
- English with Philosophy Private Home Study Support
- Take a Free English with Philosophy Level-Test
- Why Study Philosophy?
- English with Philosophy Private Courses
- English with Philosophy Private Home Study
- Benefits of English with Philosophy Home Study
- Online English with Philosophy Tuition
- The Benefits of Online English with Philosophy Tuition
- The Importance of Writing
- Managing Your Time
- Contact an English with Philosophy Private Tutor
English with Philosophy Private Home Study Support
Tailored support for English with Philosophy private home study consists in prescribed reading materials, AV lectures, private online tuition, transcripts of corrected work with comments, and recordings of tutorial sessions.
Support for English with Philosophy Private Students
Support for English with Philosophy Private students is offered via email, telephone, or by an arranged same-day online chat with a private tutor.
Take a Free English with Philosophy Level-Test
Why Study Philosophy?
Philosophy questions assumptions about the world regarding issues such as human rights, limits to knowledge, the common good, ethical values, education, and duty to posterity.
Other topics include democracy, justice, freedom, equality, greed, mind-body interaction, globalisation, climate change, cultural intolerance, the family, and personal identity.
Critical reasoning will enable you to think beyond the facts, formulate balanced judgements and arguments at work and elsewhere, and gain confidence and a professional advantage.
Philosophy is at home in the workplace, where critical reasoning and rigorous analysis provide support to troubleshooting, project management, policy-making, and teamwork.
Enterprises value philosophical counsel on strategies and decisions that affect manufacturing, marketing, advertising, media production, journalism, IT, ethical conduct, education, sport, public service, general management, research, and human relations.
This video explains some philosophical reasons commerce and industry need a rethink:
Each English with Philosophy private tutorial is a voyage of discovery designed to open the mind to new and exciting ways of looking at the world:
English with Philosophy Private Courses
We offer seven fee-based courses in English with Philosophy, styled on private tuition at the University of Oxford.
- Republic by Plato
- Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle
- Philosophy from Descartes to Kant
- The Philosophy of Religion
- Epistemology and Metaphysics
- Philosophy and Politics
- Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein.
We can provide other courses upon request and add them to this list; however, for newcomers to philosophy, we suggest starting with Plato and then moving on to Aristotle.
English with Philosophy Private Home Study
Students and alumnae believe guided home study and online private tuition are the outstanding elements of our English courses, which motivate, encourage, and bring lifelong understanding of communication in the language.
English with Philosophy private home study with online one-to-one tuition is fee-based to ensure a cost-effective learning experience.
You choose a major philosophical doctrine and your tutor will tailor and match it to your professional, academic, or other interests.
We support home study with online reading and AV lectures featuring today’s leading philosophers and their ideas on issues raised in your English with Philosophy course.
As you engage at your own pace with information, you will gain understanding of the key arguments and write an academic essay to present to your tutor during an online tutorial.
Your essay script will form the basis for online interactive dialogue with your tutor, who will first focus on your use of English and then discuss your philosophical ideas and opinions.
Tutorial critique of your essay might challenge your treatment of issues inherent in the subject and require you to defend your argumentation and search for common ground.
This Oxford-style teaching will stretch and strengthen your capacity to construct rational argumentation in support of your true beliefs when you encounter strong opposition.
Benefits of English with Philosophy Home Study
- Home study is safe compared to a crowded classroom with less-effective group tuition.
- Studying at home is comfortable, climate-friendly, and cost-effective.
- Your online private tutor will tailor and monitor your guided home-study.
- Free online reading materials and AV lectures will feature today’s important thinkers.
- Guided home-study will strengthen your critical reasoning and argumentation.
- Guided home-study will deliver valuable practical ideas relevant to your interests.
- Scheduled online private tuition will support and enhance your guided home-study.
Online English with Philosophy Tuition
Our tutors are Oxford graduates who understand the university’s unsurpassed teaching and apply it to secure home study and online private tuition.
Oxford-style teaching provides everything necessary to study of English with Philosophy.
The Benefits of Online English with Philosophy Tuition
- Private tuition will address your specific needs as a student of English with Philosophy.
- Your tutor will tailor your secure home study to your needs.
- Private tuition will address your weaker language skills and build on your strengths.
- Your tutor will prescribe free reading and AV lectures to support your home study.
- New reading and writing skills will deepen your critical analysis and understanding.
- You will express ideas constructively and forcefully, to your professional benefit.
- Your tutor will show you important study skills to give you a competitive advantage.
- Your tutor will set challenging targets so you can attain excellent study outcomes.
The Importance of Writing
Tutorial writing tasks are central to our Oxford-style teaching for several reasons:
- Written work will display your current ability to communicate in English.
- Scripts reveal your strengths and weaknesses as an English-writer.
- Your tutor will provide you with corrections, comments, and advice to avoid errors.
- Your scripts will provide a basis for instructive and constructive online private tuition.
- Writing will develop a lasting and practical understanding of the subject.
- Essay-writing is the best way to refine your understanding of English and Philosophy.
- Philosophical reasoning will enable you to form revised or new beliefs and values.
Managing Your Time
Time management makes life relaxed and satisfying rather than stressful and tiring.
When you choose to study English with Philosophy, click on the picture for advice on managing your time.