We model this online Financial English course on teaching at the Humanities Division of the University of Oxford
Elcox students and alumnae agree that guided home-study with private tuition is the key to understanding how we use English for effective communication.
Our tutors are Oxford graduates who know the university’s unsurpassed teaching methodology and apply it to guided home-study and online private tuition.
Guided home-study focuses on up to sixteen topics which you find professionally relevant.
Your tutor prescribes free online reading and AV lectures for each topic.
These acquaint you with the latest ideas, so you can analyse and understand the subject.
This will enable you to write an essay and present it to your tutor for critique and comment.
At your scheduled online private tutorial, your tutor will ask you to read your essay aloud, to hear your reading ability and pronunciation.
One-to-one interaction with your tutor will identify and deal with any misuse of English, question your treatment of issues inherent in the current essay topic, and ask you to defend your argumentation and exchange ideas in search of common ground.
Tailored guided home-study leads you to an excellent understanding of Financial English.
When you wish to prepare for an English test, your tutor will help you with exam technique.
Guided home-study will stretch your capacity to work in English and enable you to construct reasoned and robust argumentation to support your values, ideas, and beliefs.
Our tutors are Oxford graduates who know the university’s unsurpassed teaching and apply it to your guided home-study of Financial English.
The benefits of private tuition
- Private tuition addresses your unique needs as a student of English.
- Your tutor tailors each aspect of your secure and student-friendly home-study.
- Private tuition addresses missing language skills and builds on existing strengths.
- Your tutor selects and prescribes free reading and AV lectures for your home-study.
- New reading and writing skills will deepen your critical analysis and understanding.
- You learn to express ideas constructively and forcefully, to your professional benefit.
- Your tutor will show you indispensable study skills which distinguish you from the average learner and make you to stand out from the crowd.
- Your tutor will set challenging targets so you can attain higher than average results.
- Flexibility can combine Financial English with exam preparation at CEFRL B1 to C2.
The importance of writing
Tutorial writing tasks are central to Oxford-style teaching for several reasons:
- Written work displays your current ability to communicate in English.
- Scripts reveal your strengths and weaknesses when writing in English.
- Your tutor provides corrections, comments, and advice on how to avoid errors.
- Your scripts form a basis for instructive and constructive online private tuition.
- Writing develops a lasting and practical understanding of the subject of study.
- Essay writing can refine your use of English beyond (CEFRL Level C2).
This Financial English Online Course is secure and user friendly.
Time management makes life relaxed and satisfying rather than difficult and stressful.
When you decide to study on a Financial English learner-friendly course, click on the picture for reassurance and help with time management.