MEDICAL-ENGLISH PRIVATE ONLINE COURSE
Climate-friendly distance learning Medical-English courses with guided home-study, private tuition, and free reading materials and AV lectures, afford an experience like undergraduate study at the Humanities Division of the University of Oxford.
When your first language is not English and you wish to register with the General Medical Council (GMC) and apply for a licence to practice medicine in the United Kingdom, you will be asked to provide evidence of your knowledge of English. There are two types of public English test which the GMC lists for this purpose:
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic-English version.
- The Occupational English Test (OET) Medicine version.
The GMC acceptance criteria include:
- IELTS Academic-English with an overall score equal to or exceeding 7.5
- OET Medicine with at least a grade B in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
An Elcox private online climate-friendly distance learning Medical-English course will equip you to gain certification via either of these test types.
Our online Medical-English courses for either the IELTS or the OET include guided home-study, free reading materials and AV lectures, and private interactive one-to-one tuition.
Students and alumni state that online private tuition is the most effective and productive element of our courses, because it motivates, inspires, and leads to a proper use of English.
Guided home study calls for critical reading and listening, and written argument in essay form followed by presentation and defence of your work during an online private tutorial.
You will enjoy three main benefits from a customised private online Medical-English course:
1. It will ensure you are able to offer evidence of your knowledge of English with an IELTS Academic-English test or an OET Medicine test and thereby register for a Part 1 PLAB test.
2. It will enable you to gain an in-depth understanding of how Medical-English should be used for effective communication and to your professional advantage.
3. You may study where you wish with a climate-friendly course that avoids the expense and risks associated with travel to a crowded class for less-effective group teaching.